Monday 24 February 2014

Giant Buddha

Recently on a trip to Hong Kong I went on a day trip to visit the Big Buddha and the Po Lin Monastery. The Big Budda is about a one hour train trip out of Hong Kong. The Big Buddha sits a daunting 34 meters tall on top of a building on top of a steep hill (and a lot of stairs...). 


One of the fun things about getting to the Big Buddha is a trip on the Ngong Ping 360 Cable Car.  The day trip was worth it as the Island was great for Photography. Whilst I didn't explore any more of the island there looks like there's tons more to see and do...

The only thing I will say is get there early as the tourists and locals will appear by the truck loads and the cable car does sell out.


The Big Buddha

I recently joined ViewBug, which is a creative photography community which has heaps of photo competitions. To view my profile or just to check out the ViewBug website click the ViewBug banner below.



Enjoy and I'll see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment