Monday 21 January 2013

First post for 2013 and we're off and racing!

Welcome back and I hope you had a good break! It's hard to believe it's the 21st of January 2013 already. It only seems like yesterday I was winding down for 2012...

I didn't have as productive break as I had planned, unfortunately kidney stones saw me flat on my back for 4 weeks and for anyone who has had them before let me tell you it was a very long and painful period. 

The good news is they are now gone and I'm back on deck. 


Prior to getting sick I went to Queensland to see the family. While there, I took a trip to the Sunshine Coast Turf club at Caloundra. 

This was my first opportunity to photograph horse racing and it was a little more trickier than I expected but it was a great learning curb and a fun day. 

I used the canon extender 2 X on my 200mm canon lense on the 50D however I soon realised that a 200mm would have done with out the extender and then it could be cropped down later to the desired size.

Here are a few of the photos I took on the day.






There were a family of ducks living under the fence as the horses rounded the turn into the final straight.  Just before each race as the stewart arrived to make his way to the observation tower, the mum & dad duck rounded up all the little one and sat under the fence. Once the race had finished and they ducks made their way back on to the track to continue feeding.




Enjoy and I'll see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment