Monday 29 October 2012

Black & White & Color

One of the great things about Photoshop (or Lightroom) is the ability to transform everyday photos into something a bit different with click of a few buttons.
I love photographs that are predominately black & white however they have certain objects in them that are color to give it more attention or a more dramatic effect.

This week I've posted a couple of photos I took in Vegas, they are of every day things in this case shop signs. 

 First I ran them through Photoshop, creating layers,  then I used a product from Nik Software called Silver Efex Pro to make them black & white and then simply erased the areas I wanted (the color layer below) to be exposed and there you have it.

In these two cases, photographs that I normally would not show my friends and family have suddenly become photos that are in my trip slide show. 







Please dont forget to vote for me in the Japan Photo Contest (see my post on the 22nd of October 2012). 

To vote for me and view my photos click here and this will take you to my section.

Enjoy and I'll see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment